I am very excited to be attending ASCD’ s annual conference here in Philadelphia. I will be blogging about sessions and conversations I attend. Here are some sessions for today that caught my eye:
- A lunch with ASCD’s Outstanding Educators
- Session 1270 — EdCamp-Style Professional Development Engages and Empowers Teachers, 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. (a little bias here since the presenters are my colleagues from Edcamp Philly and the Edcamp Foundation)
- Session 1214 — Having Hard Conversations 1:00-2:30pm
- Session 1272 — The Power of Reflective Inquiry as Professional Development 1:30-2:30pm
- Session 1302 — Differentiation and the Brain: What Neuroscience Suggests about a Learner-Friendly Classroom 3:00-4:30pm
- Session 1318 — If We Build It, They Will Come: Strategic Curriculum Planning for Student Achievement 3:00-4:30pm
- Session 1331 — Changing the Culture of Grading 3:00-4:30
- Edutopia/ASCD Tweetup at the Field House 7:00-9:00pm
I know I can’t attend them all, but they all look interesting!
I’m very impressed so far with the offerings, especially in the technology realm. Kudos to ASCD!